BlueSun is creating a pool for Office Specialist 2 positions for the Salem area.
- Serves as secretary to an administrative superior or team. Types a variety of correspondence, reports, memos, or other information from machine or rough draft to general instructions; composes and types correspondence, reports, memos and other documents.
- May have authority to sign documents and correspondence on behalf of superior. Receives telephone and personal callers; in absence of supervisor, screens calls which can be handled by the supervisor’s subordinates, or other offices; makes referrals as appropriate.
- Answers questions not requiring research or technical knowledge. Receives and reviews incoming mail and requests for information, determines mail needing further research, gathers and assembles necessary information and submits to administrative superiors, responds to items not requiring supervisory review or resolution.
- Maintains control records of information received, routed, assigned, or disperses, initiates follow-up letters or memos.
- Organizes and maintains filing system. Maintains supervisor’s calendar and schedules appointments and conferences; assures that the supervisor is fully briefed on matters to be considered before scheduled meetings.
- Makes travel arrangements, arranges schedules of visits, makes reservations, notifies organizations, or officials to be visited; completes travel vouchers, expense claims, and reports. Maintains attendance and other personnel and payroll records for work unit; keeps logs and statistics related to program or operation. Takes minutes at meetings.
- Performs budget related activities manually or by using a computer; participates in preparing budget projections for the biennium for personnel services, services and supplies, and program budgets. Monitors expenditures and complies monthly status reports; reports deviations to supervisor.
- Develops and revises office procedures.
- Coordinates work on assigned projects. Performs specialized record processing activities requiring independent judgment to make decisions or select a course of action based on laws, rules, policies, and procedures within a particular program or operation. Monitors expenditures and compiles monthly status reports; reports deviations to supervisor. Develops and revises office procedures. Coordinates work on assigned projects.
- Performs specialized record processing activities requiring independent judgment to make decisions or select a course of action based on laws, rules, policies, and procedures within a particular program or operation.
Some examples of records processing activities are as follows:
- Reviews applications, form, and other documents for compliance with established criteria; ensures that all necessary documentation is provided and is complete; issues permits/licenses and denies applications based upon review.
- Issues authorized payments for services; determines and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Reconstructs account transactions showing charges, payments, and adjustments; determines and initiates action within established policies and procedures to resolve problems with records, billings, payments and charges; collects and compiles data requiring specialized program knowledge as well as judgment in selecting from a variety of reports, computer printouts, logs, etc., makes presentations to staff, students, and clients to provide information regarding new and changes to policies and procedures of the work unit.
Please send your resume to BlueSun for consideration.
Must be able to pass a background check.
BlueSun, Inc. is an Oregon Forward Employment Services Company. As such we give hiring priority to persons with a disability, but we help anyone who wants a job.
BlueSun, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not discriminate in employment decisions or policies in violation of the law on the basis of any legally protected status, including but not limited to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, s