BlueSun has an immediate need for a temporary Food Service Worker 1 at Oregon 4-H Center in Salem, OR.
The Oregon 4-H Center is a youth camp and conference facility approximately eight (8) miles from downtown Salem. It is a rural area and is not on public transportation lines. The 4-H Center offers year-round operations, with spring/fall outdoor school, summer camp, and other retreat and user group activities.
45% – Food Preparation:
Assists higher-level staff by making cold sandwiches, toast, garden salads, and dressings, cleaning, cutting, chopping vegetables and fruits, mixing beverages, making coffee, slicing desserts, preparing sack lunches, snacks, and other special requests.
45% – Cleaning:
Cleans tables, chairs, sinks, counters, and serving areas; sweeps and mops floors; wipes spill, collects and removes trash; replaces trash can liners, washes trays and carts; sorts and stacks dishes, glasses, utensils; washes dishes, pots, pans; fills and empties dishwasher and stacks clean dishes, glasses, cups; cleans coffee pots, blenders, and other commercial equipment. And other cleaning duties as assigned.
10% – Other Duties:
Sets up and refills condiments, dispensers, and food pans. Puts away food deliveries utilizing the first in first out method of storage; organizes pantry, walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerator, and freezer; exercises excellent people skills when in contact with clients, co-workers, and others.
- A valid Food Handler’s card, or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and inclusion.
- The position is in a rural youth camp kitchen.
- Typically, the schedule may be morning, afternoon, and/or evening shifts.
- May include weekend work as needed to meet the needs of customers. Includes long periods of standing; works with and around heat-producing equipment such as ovens, steam kettles, grills, stoves, dishwashers, hot water, proofer, or others; works with sharp or bladed equipment such as knives, tomato slicers, meat/cheese slicers, box cutters, or other.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of weight.
- Regular in-person contact with customers, delivery drivers, and food suppliers to receive goods.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and other pre-employment screening.
Please send your resume to BlueSun for consideration.
BlueSun, Inc. is an OREGON FORWARD Employment Services Company. As such, we prioritize hiring persons with a disability, but we help anyone who wants a job.
BlueSun, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not discriminate in employment decisions or policies in violation of the law on the basis of any legally protected status, including but not limited to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.