BlueSun Inc. has a great opportunity for a full-time temporary, Cook 1 at Oregon State University.
Wage: $15.59 - $20.61 per hour.
Must be available for full-time work. Multiple shifts are available.
Responsibilities of the Cook I:
- Responsible for food preparation for a large dining facility.
- Prepare food items following all safe food handling procedures for these items.
- Assist in the preparation of menu items by following the directions from lead cooks and Chefs de Cuisine.
- Follow safety procedures for using large food production equipment.
- Ensure that students who assist in meal preparation are following safe and sanitary preparation procedures.
- Inform Cook 2, Food Service Coordinator, or Chef de Cuisine of needed products and product outages.
- Assists in the responsibility for the appearance, flavor, and overall quality of the entire meal for each assigned catering event when assigned to a catering position, as well as general responsibility for the quality of the total daily prepared meals when assigned to a restaurant or production.
- Maintain sufficient quantities of food to meet customer demand while minimizing over-production and waste.
- Rotate and properly store food and beverage products using the FIFO system and HACCP guidelines.
- Make sure students are following all sanitation guidelines, including temperature logs and record-keeping, etc.
- Stock products needed for service.
- Provide friendly, polite, knowledgeable, and efficient service.
- Perform routine food service duties, such as serving prepared foods and dispensing beverages.
- Instruct student workers as necessary in procedures.
- Advise supervisor on the performance of student workers.
Requirements of the Cook I:
- 2 years of cooking experience in an institution or commercial firm serving complete meals.
- Experience working with kitchen equipment including, but not limited to, grills, fryers, knives, slicing machines, mixers, ovens, and steam kettles.
- Knowledge of large quantity food preparation.
- Experience in safe and sanitary methods for food and beverage preparing, handling, and storage.
- Requires a valid Food Handler’s certificate within 30 days of employment.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and other pre-employment screening.
- Please submit your resume to BlueSun for consideration.
BlueSun, Inc. is an OREGON FORWARD Employment Services Company. As such we give hiring priority to persons with a disability, but we help anyone who wants a job.
BlueSun, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not discriminate in employment decisions or policies in violation of the law on the basis of any legally protected status, including but not limited to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.